Saturday, April 21, 2012

Joy Fitness #3 - Preparation

          Good morning everyone! Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far, the weather has been great lately. Today I want to touch on a single word that often gets swept under the rug when pursuing diet and fitness goals..this word would be "preparation." Bumping into obstacles along the way when attempting to reach specific goals is inevitable; there is no way to completely avoid obstacles, but you can certainly prepare for these circumstances. This goes for both your diet and workout routine. For instance, I know on Saturday, May 5th I will be going out drinking with friends...and I also know that I am going to drink a little more than I normally would, so this definitely needs to be accounted for prior to indulging in a large amount of empty calories. Is this the best way to continue my quest for lowering my body fat? Absolutely not. However, I want to be able to live a normal lifestyle while shedding my body fat. So what I will have to do is a combination of 2 things during the days prior to May 5th. One, increase my cardio throughout the week...if I'm normally doing 30 minutes of cardio, bump it to 45 minutes, and so on...and two, decrease my caloric intake slightly throughout the week. The problem lies when an individual waits until the night or day of the event without accounting for the surplus of calories they are about to consume, and then proceed to spoil themselves. Treating yourself is not a bad thing, but you must prepare for it. This way you will be able to enjoy yourself while continuing your progress with your diet and fitness goals & not feel guilty for it! Just like anything in life, you have to prepare in order to be successful. Eye on the prize, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment