Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Joy Fitness # 7 - Never-Ending Calorie Balance

       Good morning people! Well I was already out and about earlier this morning, and I can say with confidence that Fall has officially arrived..it's chilly outside! It's a nice change though, Fall is always an exciting season for me. As for my knee injury, it feels 100% better right now; I've been monitoring the exercises I'm doing, and I've been doing rehab 3 times per week. It's only been 2 weeks of "keeping off it" I guess you could say, and I'm very happy with my progress thus far. Today, I just wanted to talk about calories once again...the never-ending calorie balance. No matter what day, week, month, year or season, calories will always be calories. Every day someone new will make a goal to finally get in shape, and unfortunately most people will fail at reaching that goal. An interesting statistic I read this weekend stated that 85% of gym members will fail to reach their goal, 10% will make a little bit of progress, and only 5% of people will actually reach their goal that they set out to reach when they first joined the gym. Think about that...5%! This can be for many reasons, but at the end of the day 5% is 5%!
       Once again,  it's calories in VS calories out that's going to make the difference...simple formula but not the easiest task to do. Every day, I tell my clients to focus on today and today only. What did you eat today? How many calories are you at? Did you save room for your post-workout meal? How about your cardio? Completely bombarding your mind with your goal is what it's going to take to be part of that 5% of people that actually reach their goals...and honestly, people that want to see drastic changes in their body composition are the people that need to win the calorie balance day in and day out. It can definitely become frustrating when you don't see quick results..but you need to be completely honest with yourself and ask yourself if you've given it 100% of your effort to do what it takes to get in shape. If you concentrate on winning the calorie balance of today and today only, all of those days will add up. The daily sacrifices you make reward you with a satisfying goal in the end. Be part of that 5%!

No comments:

Post a Comment